As salaamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh. I was trying to come up with ideas for my daughters homemade ‘Arabic vocab picture book. As I was going through the alphabet and thought that it would be fun to see how fast I could name an object for each letter.
So, here’s a new game for you and your children….you can even battle your spouse at a quick game of wits (the loser has to wash the dishes or something like this).
- Name 1 object for each ‘Arabic letter.
- Time each person with a stop watch.
- Think fast! You can’t skip a letter or pause the stop watch.
- If the player pauses longer than 5 secs, add 3 extra seconds to their end time (this is 3 secs for every 5).
- Keep track of all times. The person with the least amount of time wins.
See if you can go through the whole alphabet faster the next time you play without using the same words. In Shaa Allaah this will help all players increase their vocabulary. Have fun.